The school has a supportive Governing Body which assists in the governance of the school. Governors bring a range of interests, knowledge and skills and have responsibility for overseeing the organisation, curriculum and budget of the school.
ROLES OF GOVERNING BODY
- providing strategic management
- acting as a critical friend to the school ensuring accountability
- promoting high standards of education and achievement
- planning the schools long term future
- setting the schools aims an values
- appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
- budgetary allocation and control
Governors have an attached class/year group and aim to visit the class at least once each term. Visits help to ensure that governors are able to meet the children and experience the school during the working day. This provides an invaluable opportunity to see learning in action and gain a better understanding of how the school functions on a day-to-day basis in order to support their role as Governor.