SPRING GROVE’S SPORT PREMIUM OVERVIEW
At Spring Grove Primary School we believe PE & Sport plays an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better.sport
Through PE & Sport our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work, and ambition, leading to improved concentration, attitude and academic achievement.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding for 2 years to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
NATURE OF SUPPORT
Competitive School Sport : Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- Inclusive competitive opportunities( disability/SEN)
- Support with intra and inter school competition co-ordination and delivery
- Organised competitions at local/borough level
- Organisation of a Borough Dance Festival
- Half a term of tennis coaching provided by Dukes Meadow Tennis Centre
Healthy Active Lifestyles: Ensuring all our children have access to regular exercise
- School based Health programmes and intervention strategies
- Change 4 Life club opportunities for ‘inactive’ young people
- ‘Playground Marking’ CPD for teachers / support staff
Spring Grove Sports Blog
for latest sports news and updates
High Quality Physical Education: Raising standards of all our children in Physical education
- Regular specialist support from qualified PE teachers or qualified sports coaches working with primary teachers to achieve high quality teaching and learning in lessons.
- Specialist support alongside the Primary PE- co-ordinator in curriculum provision, mapping and lesson planning
- Support in monitoring and evaluating the progress of pupils through assessment.
- CPD opportunities for teachers in national and bespoke programmes in PE & Sport.
- Cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Professional quality assured teaching modules & materials for PE & Sport
- Development of student leadership programmes
Self- Review & Quality Assurance: Measuring the impact of the funding
- Monitoring of pupil progress through assessment in lessons.
- Create/Real PE – online tool for development and self -assessment
- School Games Kite Mark support – monitoring competitive school sport