What to do if your child feels unwell with Covid-19 symptoms
At Spring Grove Primary school we follow guidance from the government and Public Health England (PHE) on the procedure to follow should a child fall ill. Please refer to the information below and follow it closely. Your cooperation is vital in helping to keep Spring Grove Primary School a safe and Covid-19 free environment.
You are requested to:
- Telephone the school office and notify school of the symptoms
- If your child has any symptoms of Covid-19 they MUST NOT attend school. They must self-isolate for 10 days (from when the symptoms started). The symptoms are: a high temperature ( above 37.5),a new, continuous cough,a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You must arrange for your child to take a coronavirus test. To find out where and how to access a covid-19 test refer to:
- Your child must not return to school whilst waiting for a test result.
- Inform school of the result once received. We will then work with PHE and NHS to take necessary action in order to keep everyone well.
- When your child has either ended their isolation period or has had a negative test result, you must telephone the school office and you will be informed of the arrangements for their return. You must not just send your child back into school without first having had a telephone conversation with the school office.
- If anyone in your household displays any of the symptoms of coronavirus the whole household must self-isolate for 14 days. If asked to self- isolate you must follow through with this. We will not accept pupils back in school until their isolation period has ended even if they themselves do not have any symptoms of coronavirus. This is in line with advice from both PHE and the government.